Monday 2 November 2009

Doing the Impossible

Today I committed to doing Nanowrimo again. The National Novel Writer's Month challenge. I can't even remember my user name on the site. Oh well, I'll make a new one if I have to. I went ahead and started writing my novel though. I decided to make it about Theodora's Theater of the Absurd, to match a blog I have.

The reason I call it doing the impossible is that I've never won the Nanowrimo challenge. November is like the worst month ever for this because as an artist Nov. is crunch time for making and listing potential Christmas gifts in my Etsy shops. And also for finishing holiday presents. I would prefer any other month except Nov, and Dec. Also, Thanksgiving is right in the middle of the Nanowrimo adventure. Whoever picked November must have been a masochist. But once I heard that not only is Freakishlemon doing it, but also that he succeeded last year, made me feel like I was a loser if I didn't go for it. So suckered in again.

Also yesterday my daughter made an offhand remark about how I'd written a lot for someone that wasn't a 'professional writer'. I guess it makes me sad that my family doesn't take my endeavors seriously, though maybe she didn't mean anything by it. I consider myself as professional as any other writer that writes every single day, even if I don't have ten novels on a bestsellers list somewhere, Hmphf. So after that remark I was spurred on even more to get back to novel writing and Nanowrimo 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment