Friday 25 September 2009

Write Something in Cursive (Long Hand)


Is cursive going the way of the dinosaur? My boyfriend told me about this article on the decline of cursive writing as schools transition to the world of keyboards and computer communication. http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2009/09/19/2009-09-19_cursive_writing_is_a_fading_skill_but_do_we_care_enough_to_save_it.htmlCursive It's going to be one more skill future generations won't have if no one cares enough to preserve it. So my goal today was to write a letter in cursive to my penpal Carol, but also to continue doing my 3 pages a day of journal writing by long hand whenever I have the chance. Today I realized my right hand became fatiqued quickly as I tried to write in cursive. The fine motor control required will disappear with lack of use. Try to think to when you wrote at least a page in cursive recently. I've always loved penmanship and it's not a skill I'd want to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment