Tuesday 27 October 2009

Make An Art Journal

Life passes by so quickly. The older I get the faster it seems to go. So I do my best to document it. That's why I blog and keep journals. It's a way to say, "Yes I was here." Art journals don't have to be expensive. I like to stock up in late Aug. when school supplies are on special everywhere. Then I like to decorate the cover with a painting or a collage and make it personal. I used to try to add to it daily but sometimes that becomes too much like another chore. But I do keep it out where I can see it so I don't forget to paint or draw in it. Don't forget to add something in your own handwriting to it. It doesn't matter if you are not a calligrapher. What matters it that you are you and your handwriting or printing or scribbling is park of who you are. So grab a pen and write down something in there. It can be poetry or an essay or even a grocery list. But get it in there. Because one of these days you may not be able to hold a pen, or you may go blind or you may have hands that shake a lot. It's one more of those things that you can't take for granted. So get busy and get a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment